If you’d like to increase your real estate portfolio, you will find you can easily do so by financing a rental property. Funding, today, What Is the Process of Getting a Rental Property Loan? has taken on a new character – one that makes it easy for people to finance a rental property and make money. What Is the Process of Getting a Rental Property Loan?
So, how do you make this happen?
The following information can guide you so you know what protocol to follow when taking out a loan for a rental property, or you can visit the site to see more. This type of loan can be applied through a hard money lender and requires light documentation, so you can creatively expand your portfolio with streamlined ease.
Also read: 5 most in-demand MBA specialisations
Steps for Applying for a Rental Property Loans and Expanding Your Portfolio
Following are the basic steps you should follow to increase your real estate portfolio and review your financing opportunities.
1. Pre-qualify for the Funding
To apply for rental property loans, you’ll need to pre-qualify for the loan first. Doing so will also help you see what you can afford in properties. This also saves you time if you don’t want to miss out on buying a certain property.
2. Review the Loan Programs and Options
Whether you wish to buy a property and transform it into a rental producer or already have a rental you wish to use for leveraging, you’ll next need to review the financing programs to learn more about your options.
3. Finance the Property after an Appraisal is Made
Next, if applicable, you’ll need to acquire your property so you can rent it. Use a lender who will fund up to 90% of the purchase price or totally cover the cost of the renovations. Who you choose as a lender then will help you succeed in your goals for buying and selling your holdings.
4. Use Your Equity in Your Investment Properties
When you add rental investment properties to your portfolio and make payments, you also increase your equity. Doing so allows you to reinvest your money at a lower interest rate while receiving cash to acquire more rentals. This is how today’s rental investors are able to expand and accumulate ongoing wealth.
Key Benefits of Rental Property Loans
Before we review the steps and options for funding, it helps to know more about some of the funding amenities. When you take out a loan through a hard money lender, you can enjoy the following perks:
- Income verification is waived. You don’t need to have your personal income verified to receive the money.
- Portfolio loans allow you to focus on your investments at lower rates.
- You can fund loans for mixed-use properties.
- Again, this type of loan does not require much paperwork.
- You can take out loans for properties featuring 1 to 9 units.
- Funding includes loans with interest rates as low as 4.75%.
- You can secure a loan with a loan-to-value (LTV) ratio as high as 80%.
- Loan terms can expand over 30 years.
- Adjustable rate mortgages (ARMs) make funding flexible
- You can have a minimum credit score of 620
- Rate locks are featured by lenders.
- Closings take about 7 days after an appraisal is made.
Take Advantage of Hard Money Lending Programs for Building Your Real Estate Holdings By Rental
Hard money lenders give rental property investors a number of options to creatively fund their properties. If you’re a serious real estate investor who has a time-sensitive purchase to make or you wish to leverage your portfolio through refinancing, you can do so. Look at the opportunities available to you today.