Learn all about Urinary Incontinence Health and Fitness and Urine. Urinary incontinence is a condition in which the leaks out involuntarily. Many different conditions can cause urinary incontinence. It can affect your psychological health and may be embarrassing for you. But thankfully, there are solutions to deal with this problem.
If you have Urinary Incontinence may require a checkup with a urologist. You can consult Urinary Incontinence urologist in Karachi.
Urinary Incontinence Health and Fitness and Urine
What causes urinary incontinence?
Urinary incontinence occurs when there is some problem with the normal functioning of the bladder. Urine is stored in the bladder-a baglike Urinary Incontinence structure made up of the detrusor muscle. The urine output is controlled by the urinary sphincters, rings of muscles that contract to hold and relax when a person needs to urinate.
Urination is a complex and tightly regulated process that includes impulses from the brain, nerves that conduct those impulses, the functioning of the urinary bladder, and urethral sphincters. Different conditions can interfere with any level of this complex pathway, and thereby cause urinary incontinence, such as:
- Pregnancy: During the increased weight of the baby puts pressure on the urinary bladder, causing urinary incontinence. Moreover,Urinary Incontinence hormonal changes during pregnancy can also cause incontinence.
- Vaginal delivery: Childbirth by a normal vaginal delivery can weaken the pelvic floor muscles, which can cause the bladder to prolapse. When the bladder prolapses, it falls from its normal position, which can cause urinary incontinence.
- Infections: A urinary tract infection can irritate the bladder wall, causing incontinence.
- Bladder stones: Stones can form in the urinary tract and cause obstruction. They are common in the ureters, and sometimes they can move into the bladder. When stones are present in the bladder, they can interfere with the normal outflow of the urine, causing incontinence.
- Neurological disorders: Different conditions that affect the brain and the nerves can cause urinary incontinence, such as:
➢ Multiple sclerosis
➢ Brain tumor
➢ Damage to the spinal cord
- Prostatic Hyperplasia: Benign prostatic is a cond it Urinary Incontinence in men in which the prostate gland becomes enlarged. It can obstruct the normal output of urine, causing urinary incontinence.
- Getting treatment for prostate cancer: Prostate cancer can be treated with radiation, which can also damage the nerves controlling the bladder, causing urinary incontinence.
- Medications: Different medications like antidepressants, antipsychotics, or diuretics can cause urinary incontinence.
Risk factors for developing urinary incontinence
Certain factors can predispose a person to a greater risk of developing urinary incontinence, such as:
- Urinary Incontinence
- Being female
- Old age
- Smoking cigarettes
- Diseases like diabetes or stroke
Symptoms of urinary incontinence
Depending upon the symptoms, urinary incontinence can be divided into four types:
- Stress incontinence: Urine leaking during activities like coughing, sneezing,Urinary Incontinence or laughing.
- Overflow incontinence: Sudden leaking of urine without feeling the urge to urinate.
- Urge incontinence: Feeling a sudden urge to urinate followed by leaking of urine.
- Mixed incontinence: When there is a combination of one or more types of urinary incontinence.
Urinary incontinence can be an embarrassing situation and can affect your social life. It may keep you from doing things you enjoy. Many people, at some point in their lives, suffer from urinary incontinence. Thankfully, different treatment options can help you cope with this problem. If you have urinary incontinence, you can visit Urinary Incontinence a urologist in Lahore.