Many a time, you face issues regarding internet connectivity in your home or office place. This is mainly due to irrelevant extender choices. No matter whether you have a home with thick walls or you are located too far away, all you need to do is a new extender setup. The extender offers internet connectivity to places where your router Wi-Fi cannot. Being a prominent signal booster, the Netgear wifi range extender gives your network a wide range.
The process of Netgear extender setup is a straightforward process. You can make the desired changes to manage the different options in your extender. Here we are giving you a detailed description of the different aspects of the Netgear extender.
HOW DOES NETGEAR WIRELESS RANGE EXTENDER WORK?
There are many people who have this question in their mind – like how these extenders work and expand the Wi-Fi connectivity of your router! To explain the functionality of the Netgear wifi range extender, it basically rebroadcasts the Wi-Fi signals emitted to the router. If you think that an extender distributes the internet just like the router, then you are probably wrong. It just acts as a medium between the device and the router. Yes, you read it right. All you need is to pay special attention to the location of the extender. By putting the device in the right place in your house, you can get its signals transmitted in all directions properly.
Make sure that you are using a proper Ethernet cable and the firmware of your device is updated. Other than that, remove the other electronic devices away from the extender so that the signals don’t get merge with each other and the Netgear range extender setup process is regulated properly.
HOW TO ACCESS NETGEAR EXTENDER SETUP PAGE?
You need to follow some instructions if you want to configure the settings of the Netgear wifi extender setup. Here we are discussing the same in detail. All you need is to follow that step-wise step.
- First and foremost, you need to switch on your extender. For that, you need to plug in the extender to an electric outlet. Try to place it near the router or the access point.
- The next thing is to click on the Wi-Fi icon and establish a connection with the extender. For that, you need to log in to your extender.
- Switch on your laptop or computer system or any other device and open a browser of your choice. Then you have to type the mywifiext.net in the IP address column. Press the Enter key.
- You have to fill in the required credentials like the username and the password in the lowercase in the required fields.
- To access the extender setup page, click ‘Login.’
- You get the authority to create an account once you are logged into your Netgear extender setup page. This will help you regulate your account with full security and safety. Click on Confirm to proceed further.
- Select the router (2.4GHz) network by entering the wireless password.
- You can easily make changes in the SSID of your extender and click on next after confirming everything.
- Verify the ‘Wireless Settings,’ and this will be the final step of this procedure.
Make sure to check the red light appearing on the Netgear range extender.
MY EXTENDER WON’T CONNECT TO THE ROUTER – WHAT TO DO NEXT?
Yes, you might face the issue when your extender is not connecting to your router even after following all the steps correctly. In such a case, you will need to consider the following points.
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi router is turned on properly otherwise you will face issues.
- Before setting up the Netgear wifi range extender, Mywifiext reassure that you have not enabled the MAC filter on your Wi-Fi router.
- Disable the settings and reconfigure the extender if you have configured MAC filtering and access control on your Wi-Fi router.
- Entering the wrong password is a common mistake. Make sure you don’t commit that. Your connection will not set up properly in case the password is wrong or you enter the wrong SSID.
Always use the latest version of the Netgear range extender’s firmware. You can take the help of the user manual that comes along with the product, or you can find and download a free user manual on a website like Manualsnet, which offers thousands of different manuals. After that, download the latest firmware version from the official website. For this purpose, always use a standard internet connection.
- Never turn off the system while downloading the firmware, as it will lead to router problems.
- Log in to the Web GUI of the Wi-Fi range extender once you download the latest firmware for the extender.
- Pick the downloaded firmware file after clicking the browse button. For upgrading, click the Upgrade button and wait until the firmware upgrade is complete.
HOW TO BLOCK SOMEONE USING MY WI-FI NETWORK?
Obviously, you don’t want someone to connect to your network again and again without your permission. Blocking can be a really good option in that term. You can easily block someone from joining your Wi-Fi using the following steps. This will help you prevent your confidential data from getting into the access of other unknown users.
- Open your browser in your system and type the IP address in the search panel.
- Use the specified username and password to get access to your account.
- By selecting the Wireless tab, you can see the list of options. Here you need to select the MAC Filter option from the Wireless Menu.
- To enable the MAC filtering, you need to tap the Add option. This MAC Address will be a combination of numbers and letters.
- After entering the Mac address, click the Apply/Save button. You can use the MAC Restrict Mode option.
In conclusion, these are some of the essential details that you need to get aware of while regulating the new extender setup process.